ENFANTS d’ASIE in LAOS is hiring:
Social Worker (senior officer)
|Social Worker (senior officer)|
|Type of Contract
|Full-time position, 1 year renewable contract (with possibility of extension, upon performance appraisal)|
|Vientiane, Laos (with occasional work trips to other provinces depending on the project’s needs)|
|Expected Start Date:||as soon as possible|
SCOPE OF WORK
The Social Worker contributes to the overall goals of Enfants d’Asie and implement project activities directly with children and families in the field.
The social worker is in charge of identifying and following up cases of vulnerable children providing them with a comprehensive support in the different sectors of intervention: education, heath, legal/administration, socio-economic, psychological etc.
He/she is responsible to develop social support and referral mechanisms at school and community level.
He / she is also responsible for the reinforcement of capacities of teachers, EA team members and other relevant stakeholders in identifying children at-risk and providing social support or ensuring referral to relevant services/organizations.
The social worker works closely with local implementing partners and participate actively in child protection-related activities and meetings to ensure that the program goals are achieved and are in line with policies and laws in force.
The social worker will work under direct supervision of the Country Programme Coordinator in Laos.
Specific role and responsibilities of the Social Worker include but are not restricted to:
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION, MONITORING and REPORTING:
- Prepare, coordinate and implement field activities (raising awareness sessions, life/soft skills trainings…) with children, their families and other relevant community stakeholders (schools, health centers, Lao Women Union etc.)
- Design, research and develop content knowledge (such as life/soft skills content on child protection, safe migration, hygiene, waste management, etc.) and implement activities dedicated to improving beneficiaries’ awareness and knowledge in line with the needs of the beneficiaries
- Support teachers in the implementation of non-formal education activities;
- Ensure an effective monitoring and evaluation of activities through the identification of key activitiy and performance indicators and the collection of quantitative and qualitative monitoring data;
- Prepare reports on the follow-up of beneficiaries and their families and transfer them to the Country Coordinator, in accordance with the templates and instructions provided
- Provide the Country Coordinator with a monthly progress report by updating key indicators and highlighting main achievements, challenges, perspectives and action plan for the next period
- Support the communication of information on beneficiaries and implemented activities
- Provide translations of correspondence between children and sponsors and various documents related to the association’s work in Laos.
- Participate actively to the team meetings and engage in and contribute to forums or meetings with academics, government officials or NGOs active in Laos – Support in terms of administrative/legal matters related to the project
- Support team training regarding the content knowledge and activities that have been developed and are to be implemented in the communities
- Outreach new communities and identify vulnerable children in need of critical support to access essential services
- Support the Country Coordinator in completing in-depth community-level needs assessments;
- Support enrolment of children in school by removing barriers to enrolment such as transportation, school fees, uniform costs, translation of documents, etc.;
- Support children’s health, by raising awareness and counseling on hygiene, nutrition, wellbeing, children’s rights and access to healthcare
- Conduct home visits for every beneficiary (at least once a year) and ensure a regular exchange and involvement of key community stakeholders, especially schools (Head of schools to be actively involved in the design and implementation of activities)
- Identify relevant local stakeholders (schools, health centers, social services, etc.); and support the Country Coordinator in developing operational and/or institutional partnerships with government agencies and non-profit organizations who serve or support our target population
- Support the establishment of an effective referral system for children with specific needs (in collaboration with legal, safety, health and education services as needed)
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS and SKILLS:
- Understanding of social welfare systems and child protection mechanisms in Lao PDR
- Committed to social work and dedicated to the organization’s mission and values (strictly abide with applicable Child Protection policies)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide and receive positive criticism in a sensitive manner – Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to conduct outreach at the community level;
- Language: native Lao; fluent spoken and written English (mandatory)
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, internet). Knowledge of SalesForce software is a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in social work or in a relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience in social work, community development, working with children and schools;
- Experience in interviewing, counselling or case management
- Experience as a project coordinator or project manager considered an asset
- Experience with non-profit organizations will also be strongly considered
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all applications in English (CV + cover letter + at least 2 professional references) via e-mail to: Mr. Vincent PROSPER (Country coordinator- email@example.com)
In the subject line of the email, please write “Social Worker Laos – [Your name]”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English.
Deadline for application: 15/05/2021